The ancestral window, also known as an espagnolette window, is a perfect match for any heritage home. Resulting from a happy marriage between period design and current technologies, it combines beauty with prestige and charm of yesteryear.
In addition to having all the advantages of the conventional casement window, it offers a multitude of options such as a hinge and cremone hardware system, sashes that open fully on the inside for optimal ventilation, very easy maintenance and quick sash removal.
- Mahogany, Oak, Eucalyptus, Pine, Western Red Cedar
- Other types of wood on request
- Optional exterior aluminum cladding
- Robust and durable
- Depth of 4 9⁄16″, 5 1⁄2’’, 6 9⁄16″
- Interior blower available as an option
- Interior and exterior moldings available on request, according to standard or custom models.
- 1 3⁄4’’ thick
- Triple weatherstripping to ensure a perfect water and air seal
- Mortise and tenon assembly
- Model with storm window including windows or not, optional
- Double or triple thermos, with Low-E and argon gas, for an unparalleled energy performance
- Colonial or contemporary style surface barotins
- SDL type barrels with spacer integrated to the thermos
- TDL type barrels, with mortise and tenon assembly according to the models of yesteryear
- Tiles integrated into flat, rectangular Georgian or tubular thermos
- Several choices of finishes are available on the integrated tiles
- Surface-mounted espagnolette system
- Choice of traditional or contemporary models
- Hinges positioned in surface or recessed
- Several finish choices available (black, satin nickel, oil rubbed bronze and many others)
- Bolt system available on request.
- Wooden frame, with the same finish as the window
- Aluminum frame
- Fiberglass or aluminum screen wick
- Stainless steel or copper wick on request
- Locks to keep it in position for easy winter storage.
- Rosettes and arabesques available upon request
- Stain from natural light to Ebony black
- Aqueous paint for optimal covering power
- Wide choice of standard and optional paint, according to Gentek charters
- Dyeing and painting development available upon request.
- Our windows are subjected to performance tests by independent laboratories. We test our products against water and air infiltration, structural loads, and overall energy performance
- Wood species in Mahogany, Eucalyptus, and Oak: From 5 to 10 years depending on the species. Other wood species on request
- Pine wood species: 2 years
- Aluminum cladding: 20 years
- Sealed units : From 15 to 20 years
- Hardware: From 1 to 10 years depending on the hardware
- Finishing: From 2 to 5 years depending on whether it is stained or painted